- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 carrots, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch semi circles
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cobs of corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 pound kashkaval (or cheddar) grated
Toast coriander seeds in saute pan. Coarsely chop in coffee mill, pepper mill, or with knife. Saute onions in oil until golden. Add garlic for 1 minute. Saute ground meat until browned. Add cumin and seasoning. Add carrots, for 1 minute. Add zucchini and chicken stock. Cook covered for 2 minutes. Add corn and cook for 1 more minute. Top with kashkaval and cook covered, until melted (or put under broiler). Serve open faced on onion roll, Kaiser roll or burger bun, with plenty of ketchup and maybe a pickle.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.