- 6 to 8 ounces linguini, spaghetti, or other pasta, cooked and sauced or not sauced, leftover or freshly cooked, at room temperature
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or pecorino, or a combination, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced salami
- 5 ounces sliced mozzarella
In a 8 to 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and swirl it around to make it coat the bottom of the pan.
Add half the pasta and spread it evenly in the pan. Place the sliced cheese and salami on top, but don't put any cheese within 1/2 inch of the edge. Add the remaining pasta and spread it to make sure it covers the bottom pasta layer and the sliced cheese. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the bottom browns.
Place a plate on top of the pan and reverse the frittata so it falls on the plate. Slip the frittata back into the skillet and cook the other side for another 5 to 8 minutes, until it browns. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Recipes Courtesy of Arthur Schwartz