Spicy Steak Quesadilla
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar, plus 1/4 cup
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, grilled to desired doneness and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Lay out 2 of the flour tortillas on a flat surface. Top with 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, spreading evenly over the tortillas. Divide the steak among the tortillas and sprinkle with the desired amount of jalapeno. Top with salsa and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and press to seal.
Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the other quesadilla.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 or 10 pieces. Garnish with salsa and cilantro sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck, 2004