- 8 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
Soak cellophane noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, until soft. Drain and set aside.
While the noodles are soaking, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until pink. Add broth mixture and cook 1 minute, until shrimp are cooked through and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in scallions. Serve half of the shrimp over cellophane noodles with all of the sauce. Reserve remaining shrimp for shrimp cakes, if desired