- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2-ounce dehydrated porcini mushrooms
- 1 (8 by 14-inch) piece focaccia
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for preparing pan and garnishing
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole tomatoes with basil
- 8 ounces fresh Buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded aged mozzarella
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 18 to 20 thick pepperoni slices
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and white wine vinegar to a simmer. Remove from heat and add mushrooms. Cover and let mushrooms sit, 15 minutes. Strain.
Slice bread horizontally to create 2 pizzas. Lightly oil a baking sheet and place pizzas crust side up. Brush top with 1/4 cup oil. In a bowl, squeeze tomatoes to break up slightly. Place on pizza halves. Pull pieces of Buffalo mozzarella from the ball and place on halves. Top with porcini mushrooms, shredded mozzarella, garlic and pepperoni. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is crispy, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with oil, sprinkle on Parmesan and spread with cut basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.