Sweet Peanut Buttercup
- 1 .2 liters milk
- 7 ounces trimoline
- About 2 1/2 ounces non-fat milk powder
- About 1/4 ounce stabilizer (cremodan ice cream)
- About 1 1/2 ounces egg yolks
- About 3 1/2 ounces sugar
- About 13 ounces 72% chocolate, chopped
- About 18 ounces egg whites (pasteurized)
- About 18 ounces sugar
- About 3 1/2 ounces peanut putter crunch cereal (recommended: Captain Crunch)
- About 3 1/2 ounces ground roasted salted peanuts
- About 3 1/2 ounces turbinado sugar ( raw sugar)
- About 1-ounce cocoa powder
- Chocolate ice cream:
DirectionsCrunch: Chocolate ice cream:
In a medium saucepan boil milk with trimoline. Add the milk powder and stabilizer, and stir to mix well. Combine the egg yolks and the sugar in a small bowl. Remove the milk mixture from the heat and add a little to the eggs to temper. Return the egg mixture to the saucepan. Add the chocolate and whisk to emulsify. Strain and let rest, refrigerated for 24 hours before churning in a paco jet or spinning in batch freezer.
Combine all crunch ingredients.Assembly and Plating:
Spoon 2 tablespoons crunch into each ice cream coupe and place 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream on top. Add a generous portion of marshmallow over the ice cream and burnish with a hand-held blow torch, if desired. Serve immediately.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Will Goldfarb