Tempeh Pepper Steak
- 1 pound tempeh
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 -inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
In a large pot, set a steamer basket over boiling water. Dice the tempeh into 1-inch cubes and steam, covered, for 5 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat the vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat, and saute the garlic for 15 seconds. Add the sliced onion and peppers and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the ginger and soy sauce and add the steamed tempeh. Stir fry for 3 more minutes. Serve immediately over hot rice.
Recipe courtesy of Patricia Greenberg
Recipe courtesy of Paul Young