- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the bias
- Honey Creme Fraiche, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup lavender honey, for garnish
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds, garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until well blended.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Remember, butter burns very quickly. Dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture and gently shake off excess egg batter. Do not over soak the bread, or it will be soggy. When the butter begins to foam, add the egg-soaked bread to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat. Peek under the edges of the bread with a spatula and flip when the toast is golden brown. Repeat. Keep warm between 2 plates on the stove top or in a 150 to 200 degree F oven.
Garnish the top of each slice of French toast with 1 to 2 tablespoons of Honey Creme Fraiche, drizzle with lavender honey and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of toasted almonds. Repeat the process with the remaining slices of bread.
Honey Creme Fraiche:
- 2 cups creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup freshly whipped heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lavender honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk well.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.