- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- One 10-ounce bag shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Sweet Lime-Cilantro Dressing:
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely sliced
For the Thai salad: In a large serving bowl, toss the cabbages, cucumber, edamame, carrots and green onions.
For the sweet lime-cilantro dressing: Put the oil, cilantro, sugar, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large blender and blend until smooth.
Top each serving of salad with 2 tablespoons of the sweet lime-cilantro dressing and 2 slices of avocado for garnish.
Cook's Note: You can also 2 add boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chilled and thinly sliced.