Tropical Greens Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 small shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pepitas (raw hulled green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 small bunches baby arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 ripe papaya, halved
- 1 cup crumbled Cabrales cheese, or substitute Roquefort
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (see Note)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, shallot, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
In a dry, heavy skillet, toast the pepitas over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden. Add the soy sauce and stir to mix, then immediately remove from the heat and turn the pepitas out onto a plate to cool.
Remove any tough stems from the arugula. Scoop out seeds from papaya, slice into eighths and pare off skin. Cut into julienne.
Note: To remove pomegranate seeds: Cut out the blossom end, with some pith but without cutting into the seeds. Score the skin in quarters, then break the fruit apart gently, following the lines. Bend back the rind and pull out the seeds (if you do this under water, the pith and rind will float and the seeds will sink).
Thank you! your flag was submitted.