- 1 precooked turkey breast (recommended: Ruford)
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for sweating vegetables
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup minced sage leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- 15 cups cubed bread
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 cups cheesy mash
- Oil, for deep-frying
DirectionsFor the Turkey Balls:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat turkey with oil, season with salt and pepper and put into a roasting pan. Transfer to the oven and roast until warmed through. Let cool. Combine all the vegetables and herbs in a stockpot and sweat in a little olive oil. Add the bread and the stock and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
Heat the oil in a deep-fryer.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.