- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons, chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and gently smashed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 live lobsters, split in 1/2, cleaned (about 2 pounds) (ask fish monger to split and clean your lobster if you don't feel comfortable doing so)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, cut into large wedges, plus more for drizzling, for serving
- Mixed lettuce, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a food processor add panko, butter, fresh herbs, garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Process until well combined then set aside while you prepare the lobster.
Place the lobster halves flesh side up in a roasting tray. Top with the panko-mixture. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the hot oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden brown. Serve whole with a shell cracker, or split claw shells slightly with the heel of your knife and section the tail into pieces. Serve with fresh lemon wedges, mixed lettuce and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice.