Food Network Magazine Blog Photography Contest Rules
1. How to Enter: Blog Photography Contest (the “Contest”):Beginning April 8, 2014 at 12:01 AM (ET) through May 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM (ET), go to foodnetwork.com/blogphotocontest, and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. All entries must include your name, address, telephone number and email address. Entrants are required to make Ree Drummond’s recipe for Pasta Primavera, posted on the contest site, and submit one (1) digital photograph of the Entrant’s finished product. Photo uploads should have a width of at least 500 pixels and must be one of the following file types: .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif. All entries may be published by the Sponsor in any media without additional consideration.
2. Winner Selection: All entries will be judged by editors of Food Network Magazine (“Judges”) based on the following criteria: originality (33%), creativity (33%) and how well someone uses Ree Drummond's photography tips from the magazine (33%). The one (1) entrant with the highest score will be the winner. (the “Winner”). In the event the Sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. The decision of Food Network Magazine editors is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: The one (1) Winner will receive a Nikon D3300 digital camera with 18-55mm VR Lens, provided by Nikon, Inc. Total ARV: $649.95 (the “Prize”). Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. Please allow a minimum of six (6) months for delivery of prize.
4. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified within one (1) month of the last day of the Contest, via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor’s discretion, via phone or postal mail. In the event the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected based on the same criteria as listed above. In the event that any one or more potential Winner fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize to another alternate but if it is unable to do so, the prize will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Contest.
5. List of Winner: For the name of the Winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Food Network Magazine 300 West 57th Street, 35th Fl, Attn: Blog Photography Contest, New York, NY 10019 within three (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
6. Entries: Limit one (1) entry per person for Contest. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or inaccurate entries. Incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of 21 at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Scripps Networks, LLC, their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, independent judging organizations, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
9. Conditions of Participation: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. Nikon makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Prize. In no event shall participant be responsible for any indirect, consequential, incidental and/or special damages for any reason under this Agreement or otherwise in connection with the Contest. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, if Canadians are eligible to enter, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian) for the actual value of the prize received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Winner (and parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry) for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. When you post your submission for consideration in the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor, the Released Parties, and others acting on their behalf, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub licensable, fully-paid limited license to use, copy, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, broadcast, and distribute such submission(s) on and through the website and on and through any medium or format in any advertising or promotional material for the purpose of evaluating submissions and/or showcasing, advertising and/or otherwise promoting the Contest, and its sponsors. Entrants hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that entrants may now or later have to their entry. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, Scripps Networks, LLC, their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees (the “Released Parties”) harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
10. Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
11. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.