11. Kale Casserole Make Green Bean Casserole (No. 10), substituting the green beans with 3 chopped bunches kale. Add 1 cup shredded gruyere and 2 tablespoons Parmesan with the fried onions.
12. Spinach with Salami Saute 3 sliced garlic cloves and 3 chopped slices salami in 3 tablespoons olive oil until crisp. Stir in two 10-ounce bags baby spinach; cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Creamed Spinach Thaw two 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach; squeeze dry. Saute 2 each minced shallots and garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat, 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups heavy cream, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and cayenne. Cook until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the spinach; simmer 5 more minutes. Stir in the juice of 1/2 lemon.
14. Creamed Spinach and Artichokes Make Creamed Spinach (No. 13), substituting 1 box spinach with one 9-ounce box thawed frozen artichoke hearts. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Transfer to a casserole dish; sprinkle with grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake at 400 degrees F, 20 minutes.
15. Braised Collards Cook 3 diced slices bacon in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large pot until just crisp. Add 1 diced onion and 3 sliced garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes. Add 2 chopped bunches collard greens, 1 cup chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer, 45 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon cider vinegar.
16. Collards with Peas Make Braised Collards (No. 15), adding one 15-ounce can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed) during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
17. Chinese-Style Greens Cook 2 sliced Chinese sausages with 2 teaspoons each minced ginger and garlic in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add 2 pounds chopped mustard greens and cook, stirring, 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
18. Spinach-Apple Salad Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon honey, and salt and pepper. Toss with a 10-ounce bag baby spinach, 1 sliced apple and 1/2 cup each chopped toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and crumbled blue cheese.
19. Fennel-Arugula Salad Bring 1/3 cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar to a simmer in a saucepan; remove from the heat. Add 3/4 cup sliced kumquats; let sit 15 minutes. Toss with 5 ounces baby arugula, 1 shaved fennel bulb, and salt to taste.
20. Cranberry-Pear Salad Whisk 3 tablespoons each cranberry sauce and olive oil, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon each honey and Dijon mustard. Toss with 5 ounces baby greens, 2 sliced pears, 1/2 cup diced cheddar, and salt to taste.