- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus 1 teaspoon room temperature for pan
- 4 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 1 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a 6-cup popover pan with the 1 teaspoon of butter.
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Divide the batter evenly between the cups of the popover pan, each should be about 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes. Remove the popovers to a cooling rack and pierce each in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2008