- 6 large carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the whole carrots (cut them in half if they don't fit in the pot) and cook until just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cut carrots into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified and stir in the parsley. Add the cooked carrots and toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay