- 4 (1-pound) trout without head, scaled, gutted, and butterflied (skin on)
- Olive oil or canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon-Parsley Butter, recipe follows
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Heat grill to high. Brush trout on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, skin side down, until slightly charred and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn each fish over and continue cooking until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Remove from the grill and top each 2 tablespoons of the Lemon-Parsley Butter. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges and serve.