Long Island Iced Tea
- Sour Mix:
- 3 cups sugar
- Zest of 2 limes (in strips)
- Zest of 1 lemon (in strips)
- Zest of 1 orange (in strips)
- 2 cups fresh cold lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh cold lime juice
- Long Island Iced Tea:
- 1/3 cup gin
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 1/3 cup silver tequila
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 1/3 cup vodka
- Thinly sliced lemons, for garnish
- Thinly sliced limes, for garnish
- Thinly sliced oranges, for garnish
- Cola, for serving, optional
For the sour mix: Combine 3 cups water, the sugar and the lime, lemon and orange zests in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the sugar is completely melted. Remove from the heat and let steep in the refrigerator until very cold and the flavor has infused for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Strain the cold syrup into a pitcher and add the lemon and lime juices.
For the long island iced tea: Combine 2 cups of the sour mix, the gin, rum, tequila, triple sec, vodka and lemon, lime and orange slices in a pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
Serve in tall glasses over crushed ice with a splash of cola if desired
Thank you! your flag was submitted.