Broadway Diner - Broadway Festival (Seafood Pasta)
- 3/4 pound linguini
- 4 (5-ounce) lobster tails, each cut into half's, shells on
- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces large sea scallops
- 8 (U-12) jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, peeled and diced
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 12 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 28 -ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces calamari (tubes only), cut into rings
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguini and cook according to the package directions or until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute lobster tails in olive oil (3 minutes on each side) remove and set aside. Saute scallops, 2 minutes on each side, remove and set aside. Saute shrimp, 1 minute on each side, remove and place on the side. In the same skillet saute onions, garlic, mussels, and clams stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add white wine and reduce for 1 minute. Remove and discard any shellfish that do not open. Add the can of fresh tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, ground pepper, chicken stock, and calamari and then transfer the rest of the cooked seafood and simmer for 4 minutes. Add linguini and grated cheese and tossing mixture until coated with sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy chef George Kavourakis at Broadway Diner in Baltimore, MD