- One 4 pound Chicken
- 3 pounds pork loin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces wine vinegar
- 4 ounces rice vinegar
- 2 large cans whole tomatos
- 1 small red pepper, seeded
- 4 large Vidalia onion
- 16 ears white corn, shucked, boiled, kernels removed
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen lima beans
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen okra
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen black eyed peas
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced
- 8 chicken broth bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 10 ounces steak sauce
- 3 large lemons, juiced
- 1 dash extra hot pepper sauce
In a large pot or Dutch oven, over very low heat, cook chicken and pork over very low heat in seasoned water (salt, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, rice vinegar and 1 quart water), covered, overnight. Next day pick meat from bone and pulse in food processor to small pieces. Then add back to the stock. To food processor pulse into small pieces tomatoes, red pepper, onions, corn, lima beans, okra and black eyed peas, and add them along with garlic cloves and bouillon cubes to stock. Then add hot pepper sauce, mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, lemon juice. Cook slowly on top of the stove, covered, stirring every 30 minutes or so for 8 hours. Stir in the extra hot pepper sauce. Then refrigerate for 24 hours and re-heat before serving.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.