Bud and Alley's Barbequed Shrimp
- BBQ Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning, such as Everglades seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced andouille sausage
- 6 large head-on shrimp, peeled, head and tail left on
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- Grilled Tuscan bread, for serving
For the shrimp: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil, sausage and shrimp. Cook for 1 minute, and then turn the shrimp over and continue cooking. Add the garlic and rosemary sprig and cook for another minute.
Pour in the wine to deglaze, and then add the butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the BBQ seasoning. Reduce the heat to medium and swirl the pan to incorporate the butter. Taste and add 1/2 teaspoon more of the seasoning, if needed. Reserve the remaining seasoning in an airtight container for another use.
Transfer the shrimp and sausage to a serving bowl and garnish with a slice of grilled Tuscan bread.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.