- 1/2 cup dry Riesling or Gewurztraminer
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches frisee, ends trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, cut into thin slices
- 1 Red Bartlett pear, halved, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 6 figs, halved
- 1 small pomegrante, peeled, seeds removed and separated
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
In a small saucepan over high heat, reduce the wine until 1 to 2 tablespoons remain. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, reduced wine, and olive oil and, season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Place the frisee, radicchio, persimmon slices, pear slices, and figs in a bowl.
Add the vinaigrette and gently toss together. Place on individual salad plates. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and walnut halves and serve immediately.