Creamy Crab Risotto with Chive Oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 pound fresh shelled Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch chives
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for chive oil)
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Put a medium pot on a burner over medium heat. When the pot is hot, add the olive oil and shallots and simmer until the shallots are translucent. Pour the wine into the pot and allow simmer until the wine is almost completely evaporated. Add the butter and when melted, add the rice and stir until coated with the butter. Add 3 cups of the chicken broth and gently simmer. Slowly add the remaining chicken stock and cook until the rice is soft. Add the crabmeat and milk and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the Parmesan, Salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and continue to mix occasionally, until it's time to serve. To make the chive oil, add the chives and olive oil to a blender, and mix on high for about 3 minutes. Pour the oil in a small bowl or squeeze bottle.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.