Curried Chervil Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely minced chervil leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely minced curly parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Parsley, dill sprigs, violas or borage flowers, for garnish
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Mash the yolks thoroughly with a fork.
Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the curry powder, stirring frequently. Cook over low heat for several minutes until very fragrant. (Curry, like cumin, requires heat to release the full intensity of its flavor. In uncooked recipes like this one, the extra time to toast the curry powder makes an incredible difference in the final flavor.)
Add the curry powder with the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Using a spoon or a pastry bag, fill the egg whites with the mixture. Garnish and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe courtesy Lake Austin Spa Resort
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira