Creamy Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup lowfat Greek yogurt, or strained yogurt
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli stalks (from about 2 1/2 pounds broccoli bunches)
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots
If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with paper towel and set the strainer over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place sunflower seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a rimmed baking sheet and shake to combine. Toast seeds until aromatic, about 10 minutes. Cool and reserve.
Peel tough outer layer of broccoli stalks and trim off 1/4 inch from bottoms of stalks (should be about 3/4 of a pound. tender broccoli stalks remaining). Shred stalks in food processor, then shred carrots. Combine shredded broccoli and carrots with dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.