Baptist Church Fried Chicken Wings
- Oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Creole spice (Essence), recipe follows
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Potato salad, for serving
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
In a deep fryer or high-sided skillet heat oil to 360 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl combine buttermilk, 1 tablespoon Creole spice and 1/2 cup flour; mix well to make a paste. Season remaining flour with remaining Creole spice. Dip wings, one at a time, into batter, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge in seasoned flour. Fry immediately in hot oil, 6 to 8 minutes, moving and turning pieces frequently with long tongs. Drain on paper towels. Do this in batches. If wings are large, remove with tongs, drain, transfer to a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F until very crispy, about 10 minutes. Serve with potato salad garnished with parsley sprigs.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chili-Lime Fried Chicken Wings, Fried Chicken Wings with a Thai-Inspired Chili Dipping Sauce, Crisp Chicken Wings with Chili-Lime Butter, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Buttermilk Biscuit Recipes, Antipasti Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.