Homemade Tarragon Mustard
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup drinking-quality white wine
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- Pumpernickle bread squares, accompaniment
- Smoked salmon, accompaniment
- Chopped capers, minced onions, chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
In a non-reactive bowl combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight, covered.
Transfer the mustard mixture to a blender and process until mustard has obtained the desired texture and thickness it is equally delicious whether you leave it chunky or smooth. Store in an airtight, non-reactive container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve with pumpernickle bread, salmon and garnishes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.