Hot Open-Faced Chicken Loaf Sandwich
- 2 1/2 pound white and dark chicken meat, coarsely ground
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 20 (1-inch thick) slices French Bread, toasted
- 5 cups mashed potatoes, hot
- 5 cups brown gravy, hot
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onions, garlic, celery, bell peppers, and parsley. Mix thoroughly. Add the egg, salt, black pepper, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper, and bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix well. Mold the mixture into a 5 by 10 loaf and place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice the loaf into 1/2 inch pieces. Assemble an open-faced sandwich, using the bread, sliced chicken, mash potatoes and gravy.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Sandwich Night: The Sliced Chicken and Mushroom Rachael, Chicken and Sausage Sandwiches with Sauteed Bell Peppers and German Potato Salad, Jerk Chicken Sandwiches with Peach Aioli, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.