- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 30 min
- 5 min
- 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups Sambal Oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 pounds head-on U-10 shrimp, peeled and deveined, head and tail segment intact
- 2 tablespoons rough chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rough chopped mint
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the shrimp, cilantro and mint and whisk well to combine. Set aside and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. In a 1-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag, place the shrimp and add all but 1/2 cup of the sambal marinade to the bag. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until shrimp are just cooked through, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a large bowl. Add the reserved 1/2 cup of marinade along with the cilantro and mint and toss well to combine. Transfer shrimp to a large serving bowl or platter and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller