- 1/2 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked
- 16 slow roasted tomatoes, halved (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup Calmata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
Julienne the roasted tomatoes. Add the olives, garlic, capers, vinegar and basil. Toss tomato mixture with pasta.
For roasted tomatoes:
- 8 plum tomatoes, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on an oiled cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 3 1/2 hours or until tomatoes have reduced in size by 1/2.