Fingerling Potato Canapes
- 20 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream, chilled
- 20 strands fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (2-ounce) jar bowfin or sturgeon caviar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the fingerling potatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast until the potatoes are cooked through or a fork can easily be inserted, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Top each potato half with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream, 1 chive strand and 1/2 teaspoon caviar. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Stuart O'Keeffe, 2010