Green Tea Salmon with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)
- 1 green or black tea bag
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 4 4 -ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until dry, about 3 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water and the Sriracha and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Bring 1 1/2 cups water, the tea bag, soy sauce, ginger and scallion whites to a gentle simmer in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook until just opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the salmon to a plate using a slotted spatula; discard the tea bag.
Add the broccoli and edamame to the remaining liquid in the skillet; season with salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
Photograph by Justin Walker
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tea --Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Cucumber 'Remoulade' with Toast Points, Orange Scented Green Beans, Garlic-Braised Dandelion Greens with White Bean Puree and Crispy Pancetta, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Smoked Salmon Recipes, Salmon Burger Recipes, Quinoa Recipes, Grilled Salmon Recipes