Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Asian Cole Slaw
- 2 pork tenderloins, each about 12 ounces, silver skin removed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cole Slaw:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage, (about 1/2 pound,) thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 large head radicchio, thinly sliced, (about 2 cups)
- 4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, such as Macoun, Cortland, or Pink Lady
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Position a rack closest to the broiler and preheat to high.
Brush the tenderloins with the oil and rub all over with the five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Lay the pork on a broiler pan and, broil turning once, until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. (An instant-read thermometer should register between 140 and 150 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.) Set meat aside for at least for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar with the soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, and ginger in a glass measuring cup. Gradually whisk in the peanut and sesame oils. Toss the cabbage, radicchio, scallions, and bell pepper in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Grate the apple (with the skin but not the seeds) directly into the slaw, and toss again. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Slice the pork and divide among 4 plates. Garnish with some of the slaw and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
More Recipes and Ideas:
5-Spice Pork Stir Fry with Mandarin Oranges, Tenderloin of Pork Hongroise with Crab Risotto and Tri-Pepper Sauce, Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Sage Cornbread Crust, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Pork Chop Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Pork Recipes, Smoked Pork Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes