This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated, and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- 6 to 8 pounds pork loin, cut into 2 to 3-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup New Mexico powder chile
- 1/2 cup New Mexico chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Spanish onions, chopped
- 2 cups broth
Put all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cook uncovered for 4 hours. Turn off heat and check for tenderness, but do not stir.