- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 3 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup homemade blender mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup (1 small jar) sliced pimientos with their juice or 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 small onion, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- Cayenne pepper
Mix together all the ingredients except for the cayenne. Season to taste with cayenne.
*Pimiento cheese is a staple of picnics and lunches throughout the South. It is spread on sandwiches, used as dip, and stuffed into celery ribs.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice