- 1 pound campanelle pasta
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Spicy Mint Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large serrano chile, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the cheese and toss until coated.
For the sauce: Combine the mint, cheese, oil, chile and garlic in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Add the sauce to the pasta and toss until coated.