Salad with Roasted Root Vegetable Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 roasted carrot
- 1 roasted parsnip
- 1/2 roasted shallot
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head radicchio, chopped
- 1 spear Belgian endive, stemmed and chopped
For the vinaigrette: Place the oil, apple juice concentrate, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper, carrot, parsnip and shallot in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
For the salad: Place the lettuce, radicchio and endive in a salad bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss until coated.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine