Goat Cheese Canapes with Sweet Peppers
- Sweet Peppers:
- 1 heaping tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry wine
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch by 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1 roasted green pepper, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch by 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch by 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 3 tablespoons black olives, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese or sour cream
- 1/2 cup clabbered cream or sour cream
- 30 (1 1/2-inch) whole wheat bread rounds, buttered and toasted
- 30 cilantro leaves
- Balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups mild olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced herbs, such as chives, parsley, and tarragon
To make the sweet peppers: Plump the raisins in the sherry.
Combine the raisins, peppers, tomato, onion, olives, chopped cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic. Add the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Let the salad rest at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
To make the Canapes: Blend the goat cheese and the clabbered cream until smooth and transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a round tip.
To assemble the canapes, pipe the goat cheese mixture in a ring around the whole wheat bread rounds. Mound about 1 tablespoon of the pepper salad in the center and top with a cilantro leaf. Serve.Balsamic vinaigrette:
Combine the vinegars and mustard. Whisk in the oil gradually. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add fresh herbs.
Yield: 2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.