My favorite time to make this salad is early summer, when green beans are super fresh and tender. I especially like to use haricots verts, which are small French green beans that are incredibly sweet.
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, blanched and shocked
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
Place the green beans and red onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice, and mustard. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until thick and emulsified. Whisk in the sour cream and Tabasco. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the beans and toss well. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving.