Grilled Chicken Couscous with Apricots and Pistachio
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly grated lime zest, as needed
- Apricot-Balsamic Glaze:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Chicken and Apricots:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 6 fresh apricots or 3 nectarines, cut in half and pits removed
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the couscous: Put 1 1/2 cups water, the salt, cumin and pepper in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, remove from the heat, cover and let sit until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
For the apricot-balsamic glaze: Put the vinegar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Whisk in the apricot jam and let cool slightly.
For the chicken and apricots: Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling.
Brush the chicken and apricots with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 9 minutes total. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Grill the apricots cut-side down until golden brown and slightly charred; turn over and grill until just heated through. Slice into wedges.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse