Roasted Reds with Peppers and Capers
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot rings
- 1/4 cup 1/2-inch diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola or best quality blue cheese, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the potatoes into 8 wedges each and add them to a baking sheet. Toss evenly with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper and place in the oven. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and move the potatoes around a bit in the pan with a spatula. Return to the oven and roast until they are getting some nice color and are fork tender, an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
Add the shallots, roasted peppers and capers and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with the cheese, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen