- 3 large stalks celery from the heart, including leaves, plus extra for serving
- 36 ounces tomato juice (recommended: Sacramento)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated yellow onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco), or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cut the celery in large dice, including the leaves, and puree in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until finely minced. In a large pitcher, combine the rest of the ingredients except the vodka. With the food processor running, pour 1/4 of the tomato juice mixture into the food processor through the feed tube. Then pour the contents of the food processor into the pitcher with the remaining tomato juice mixture. Add the vodka and chill. Serve in tall glasses over ice with a stick of celery.
2004, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved