Sicilian Grilled Swordfish
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) swordfish steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
Light a charcoal grill or preheat a gas or stovetop grill until very hot.
When the grill is ready, sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on one side, then turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side until almost cooked through. Remove to a flat dish, prick holes in the fish with the tines of a fork, and pour the lemon sauce over the fish while its still hot. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
"Barefoot Contessa Foolproof" by Ina Garten (c) Clarkson Potter 2012. Provided courtesy of Ina Garten. All rights reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse