- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked Spanish sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives, for garnish
Whisk together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, hickory smoked salt, mustard powder, nutmeg, and marjoram. Set aside.
Return the saucepan to the stovetop and add evaporated milk to warm. Whisk in the spices and stir in the cheese, a handful at a time, until melted and smooth. Stir in the drained pasta and cook until creamy and hot. Transfer the macaroni to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chives before serving.