Frogs Legs with Garlic Nosiola and Radicchio
- 4 sets of frogs legs
- 1/2 cup oil from Lago di Garda
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8 inch dice
- 1/2 cup Nosiola wine (or Moscato Giallio or Muller Thurgau)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head radicchio, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
Rinse, clean and separate frogs legs. Pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. In a large 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking over medium heat. Add frogs legs and saute until light golden brown on one side. Turn legs over and add garlic. Cook until garlic is light golden brown and add lemon juice, apple pieces and wine. Reduce liquid by half and add butter. Shake pan to emulsify the butter and add radicchio and bread crumbs. Toss to coat frogs legs and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle with zest and parsley and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.