- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned with tails left on
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
- 1/2 cup limoncello liqueur
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced into 16 slices, or 8 slices country bread
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped to yield 1/4 cup
Preheat the broiler or grill.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add the garlic and cook until it turns light brown. Add the shrimp and cook without turning for 2 to 3 minutes, until bright red. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, and limoncello, and cook until reduced to about 1/3, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
Grill or toast the bread and place on a platter. Spoon 1 shrimp with sauce onto each toast, sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley, and serve immediately.