- 3 cups corkscrew pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos, drained
- Chicken or vegetable broth to moisten the mixture
- 1/4 cup or more prepared salsa
- Salt and Tabasco
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
Saute garlic in olive oil for a few seconds, add oregano, chiles, corn and pimientos and bring to a simmer. Add some chicken broth to moisten and keep warm, until the pasta is done.
Drain pasta and return to pot, off heat. Add corn sauce and salsa to taste. Sprinkle with tabasco and mix with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.