- 1 cup whole-wheat orzo pasta
- 3 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed from cob (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Bring a pot of generously salted water to a rapid boil. Add the orzo and cook according to package directions, adding the corn in the last minute of cooking, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
Pour the lime juice over the avocado and coat evenly (this will minimize discoloration). Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over the orzo and add the avocado with lime juice, tomatoes, and parsley. Mix until combined and serve warm or at room temperature.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Garlic and Herb Cheese-Glazed Sirloin and Orzo Salad with Fennel, Tomatoes and Oregano, Green Salad with Red Pepper Relish Dressing, Iceberg Lettuce Salad with Tangy Tomato-Tarragon "French" Dressing, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Tomato Side Dish Recipes, Ratatouille Recipes, Picnic Salad, Roasted Beet Recipes, Applesauce Recipes