Healthy AND Flavor-Filled Soba Salad
- 8 ounces soba, or whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
- One 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 Fresno chile or red finger chile, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- 1 small bunch scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and chile in a large bowl, then whisk in the oil. Add the cabbage, edamame, scallions and noodles, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray