- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, peeled and minced
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup fish stock or clam broth
- Vegetable Italian Couscous, recipe follows
- 1 (6 to 7-ounce) red snapper fillet, skin on
- To coat:
- Super fine flour
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup carrot extract (juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ITALIAN COUSCOUS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup brunoise carrot
- 1/4 cup brunoise celery
- 1/4 cup brunoise red pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetarian stock
- 1/2 cup Italian couscous
Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for 3 minutes, or until they have just sweated their moisture. Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in the stock and cook, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and keep warm on back of stove.
Reheat vegetable couscous. Wipe snapper fillet dry. Using a sharp knife, score the skin in a crosshatch pattern. Lightly dust with flour and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat. When very hot but not smoking, add the fillet, skin-side down. Raise heat and cook, occasionally tilting pan to distribute fat evenly, for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
Return sauce to high heat. Bring to a rolling boil, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, carrot juice, and herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Place vegetable Italian couscous in shallow soup (or pasta) plate. Carefully set snapper fillet in the center of couscous. Quickly spoon broth over top and serve.ITALIAN COUSCOUS
Heat medium stockpot, add olive oil and saute carrots, celery and red pepper until translucent.
Add chicken stock or vegetarian stock. Bring to a boil, add couscous and lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.